Resources

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Market Day

Going up to the market has become a date for Per and I. Although he is very focused and just wants to buy and leave, whereas I like to hang around a bit and just enjoy the scene.

We bought lots of dried fruit today, tuna, apples, and pears and we waited in the longest line at the market for Pure Bread. It has really caught on.

I love the Seriously Seedy loaf, with its perfectly chewy crust and nutty, moist crumb. It's perfect with a slab of cold butter. That was my lunch. It's worth waiting in line for. However, the "Adult Only" chocolate cookie is a complete fail. It didn't taste freshly baked to me.

It's fun to people watch at the market. This winter I've really noticed the gap between the wealthy and not-so wealthy. I've seen selected people wearing ostentatious jackets that are obviously new and say "Hey, look here, I'm dear." Whereas a lot of other people are wearing their plain old winter coats that say "Hey, I may not look fancy, but I do the job." What? Outerwear doesn't speak to you? Just put your ear up to a pocket and wish very hard.

Klippers has their usual selection of awesome apples.


Their squash collection continues to fascinate me.


Some people just can't let go of that Christmas joy and a sleigh pulled by eight tiny polar bears.

No comments: