Resources

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not Sticky Enough

One of my favorite British foods is sticky toffee pudding made the proper way, which is steamed. There is nothing like light, moist, steamed STP. However, I will settle for an easier substitution: sticky toffee pudding cake with a buttery toffee sauce. The version I made tonight had a nice variation: macerating the dates in stout; however, the cake was not moist and sticky enough for me, so back to the drawing board. I also made the mistake of deciding I wanted to make creme anglaise instead of toffee sauce. Oh well--I also had a craving for bananas so I had sliced some on top of my portion and then topped it off with the creme anglaise (a lower fat version). I got Ules to help scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod.

Per made lamb stew which we had with the leftover Paella rice and winter salad.

No comments: