Resources

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Apple Fritters

I was inspired by the Dinner with Julie blog to try out her apple fritter recipe in honor of Hanukkah. I used coconut milk in the batter. (I think I ended up using about a cup.) I put cardamon in the batter and added cinnamon powder to the icing sugar. They were crispy and delicious. We had the soup I started yesterday with the addition of wild rice and Jean's beans, which we pressure canned last month. The flavors have melded in the beans and they are really tasty.

I felt like Hell warmed over when I woke up, but managed to haul my ass out to go skating with the kids and I really had a lovely time. We may be poor in money at this moment, but we are rich in time. Ules did a good job on his oral report on bees and proudly said he had more visual aids than anyone else! Ha! I almost sent the whole hive with him. He also finally read the absolutely excellent Clan Apis graphic novel I bought for him by Jay Osler. It tells the story of the life of a bee and it is so well done it made me cry. Highly Reccomended.

No comments: