Resources

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Day After Halloween

I kind of feel like our little friend Elmo here. Stuck in spider slime. Halloween has left me exhausted and hung over. I like walking through the neighborhood the day after and seeing all the creative jack o'lanterns.

Of course I'd left everything to the last minute and we were still carving our pumpkin when our dinner guests arrived. J brought her fabulous mac and cheese and I made salad and baked salmon. I made the chocolate zucchini cake from the Rebar cookbook and we decorated it like a graveyard with shortbread tombstones.

I dressed as the Chef from Hell and handed out pop rocks to the neighborhood kids including the entire band of Kiss. The heavy rain held off and Ules aka The Headless Horseman came back with his bag full of candy. He magnaminously gave me his bag of mini cheese nachos (which he hates) and I pronounced them inedible.

Today I medicated myself with home made ginger beer and added some tuna to some of the leftover mac and cheese to try to cure my headache and bring my body back into the land of the living. I feel a bit like the headless horseman myself right now.

No comments: