Resources

Friday, November 19, 2010

Shifting Soil

On Wednesday I finally got soil for my garden bed. I'm not sure about the quality so I think it's going to need amending. It doesn't seem to have the sand content the company promised. I shifted almost all two yards myself and lived to tell the tale. In the rain. Actually, it was really empowering to do some hard labor and it was just in time because now we've started to get snow. I've got to keep up with the winter gardening and winter sports to build up some strength and drop some weight this winter. I'm going to try to go skating more this winter, starting next week.

I've been doing lots of baking lately. Ullie loves muffins, so I am testing out various muffin recipes. I like this recipe for brown butter pumpkin muffins. This morning I made it with half butter and half sunflower oil to cut back a few calories. One of my downfalls is dairy. I love it way too much and butter is just too tempting for me. I love the mouthfeel of dairy and it's just such good comfort food in the winter. We'll just have to look for the low fat versions of my beloved dairy products.

No comments: