Resources

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh What a Perfect Day

I'd like to spend it with you-oo.

I had such a lovely Saturday. Brunch at Aphrodite's so that I could pick up a whole load of gourds they are donating to our ArtStarts project. Shopping for stocking stuffers at Banyen Books at their 40th birthday sale. I got a free bliss ball, chock full of chocolate and cardamom. Gorgeous! I went to the winter market and bought homemade pasta, sun-dried local fruit and veg, crab apple jelly, dried oyster mushrooms, a sugar pumpkin, a rustic scone from Rise, and a delicious buckwheat brownie covered in walnuts which fed three of us. I had a nice visit at the library and then had a hilarious time at Shaktea playing at imagining what it'd be like if the three of us ended up in an old age home together. This conversation was sparked by an Alton Brown video with a photo of mac and cheese on the cover. Apparently, in the rest home where M's mom lives there's a woman who shouts out "Mac and Cheese, please!" every night at dinner time. M says she'll be shouting "wonton soup"! I'll be shouting for my five o'clock blend and a shot of tequila. (If you want to see me completely lose my mind, serve tequila.)

Chef P made buffalo shortrib stew on spaetzle with cabmerlot. Now I'm going to watch Taggart and Spooks on DVD. Oh and did I mention I bought myself a dazzling ring for 6 bucks? La vie en rose.

No comments: