Resources

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Muffin Mania

Now that the cold weather has settled in I find myself cooking and baking to keep warm. After school I made some oatmeal muffins and topped them with maple icing and pecan halves. For dinner I brined a pork tenderloin, roasted it and served it with roasted cauliflower and parsnips that were steamed and then pan fried with garlic and fresh thyme. I had to dig out the thyme from under a snow cap.

I've discovered a British mystery show called Jonathon Creek which I am now addicted to. It's up on YouTube and it's kind of a grown-up version of Scooby Doo. The main character is an understated anti-hero which you just have to fall in love with. After all, he doesn't drive a car and lives in the countryside in a windmill. He's got a kind of high functioning autistic personality and his vulnerability is offset by his brilliant gift at staging magic performance spectacles. He is played by a British comedian named Alan Davies who just happens to be one day away from being my birthday twin.

1 comment:

somervillekitchen said...

Hi, I am the author of somervillekitchen blog that you have on your list of blogs. I just discovered yours, love it. And I am flattered that you have added me to the list of blogs on yours and growing the Muffin Mania movement. :)

Thanks again. I don't have comments on mine, but you can reach me at the email address on the blog.