Resources

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MOP in August

How can you tell I love bumble bees?

The mint and tansy at the garden attracts woodland skippers. I saw one get buzzed by a bald hornet. Very rude!

It was an incredibly beautiful morning and Nettle Lady and I led the group in a creative visualization exercise to generate some ideas for the garden.


I love the color of this amaranth blossom.

The goldenrod in the dye garden is just about to bloom. I saw a bombus resting on the florets which were barely open and it looked like she was licking the surface like it was an ice cream cone.

Yes, it's winter gardening time already.


I'm looking up at the corner of the MOP from down the steep hill.


This is a blackberry cultivar without thorns.

The tall coneflowers are in full bloom.

The nettles are blooming.

These fucshia flowers (which remind me of flax) bloom for a long time, and the cornflowers are still pumping out the color. However, we do need more late-blooming plants at the MOP.

The willows strange cankers on their leaves.

No comments: