Resources

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lois has Lovely Leeks

Lois has lovely leeks; she does!
We love the lovely leeks she has
because because because
Lois has lovely leeks; she does!

I'm not kidding. They are beeyootiful leeks and we have been having them every day since lovely Lois gave us three healthy specimens. I created the dish above with sautéed leeks, black olives, peas, and arctic char. Pierre has been putting leeks in every meal he makes and I'm not complaining.

Meanwhile back in the garden, the tiny golden tomatoes are ripe and packed with flavor. I've let the radishes go to seed and we are eating the seed pods in salads.


Here is my pride and joy, the big broccoli head in our vegetable bed which was so tall and wide it started to block the light from my little pepper plants, so off with her head and out of the garden she goes.

No comments: