Resources

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Meditation Day


When I woke up yesterday it was raining. My plans for the day didn't include rain. I felt like hell. My body was aching and I was in a misanthropic mood (to put it politely). It's summer and I have a million things to do. It was supposed to be the summer we didn't have a show, a languid, lazy summer. Nope. I felt overwhelmed and oversensitive. I needed a mental health day, or as my friend The Beekeeper says "a meditation day." Yeah, meditation day, I'll take that--sounds so much more purposeful and sane.

I went to Trafalger's for my mental health meal, I mean my meditation meal: wild mushroom risotto with iced tea. As I savor the über creamy rice dish it calms and centres me and gives me a big carbohydrate hug. The tang of the iced tea makes me feel hopeful. I am fortified. There is now a neat and tidy fort built around my achy breaky heart. I can face the world again and be an adult. The rain clouds cleared and I went home to continue on with my day. So much cheaper than a trip to the therapist. So much better for you than medication. The risotto that cures. It's been my balm for over ten years now. Thank you Trafalgers.

No comments: