Resources

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Haikus at UBC Farm

So this is my new idea for my prayer flags since it would take me too long to make 9 silkscreen prints. I am holding the haiku card in the place where I wrote it. (More or less.) This helps anchor the poem in the location. I had a raging migraine headache while taking these photos, so I forgot to do one. Blast! My idea is also to post these haikus on google maps if that is possible. This first photo was taken in the forest. I like the shadows the leaves made on the paper.

This second photo is taken in from of the Maya in Exile Garden.

You can see the hives in the distance, but I wonder if they will read on the transfer. Although I like it because it is taken at my favorite place on the farm.

This was my second choice.

This one was taken in the Downtown Eastside Aboriginal Kitchen Garden. (Say that ten times quickly.)

I don't know. Maybe this is too heavy-handed.


And of course by the time I took this photo, they had disappeared.

No comments: