Resources

Monday, December 27, 2010

NRG Snowballs

Boxing day and the artists are already back to work. Well, fun work. Yesterday I finished up some craft projects and Mr. Zuke or Pere Zuke worked a bit in the studio which he warned me he is "taking apart" today. As in, "Honey, do you mind if I take apart the studio?"
"Oh sure, just add to the chaos, and I'll go whimper in the corner."

Good thing I thrive in chaos. I decided to make the local walnuts into energy balls to put some healthy snacks on the holiday table. I used local dried fruit, our own honey, maple syrup, chia seeds and black sesame seeds. I toasted some coconut (I warn you, it toasts very quickly) and whirred it in the food processor with the walnuts and the sweeteners and dried fruit to taste. Then I added the seeds and some brown rice crisps for crunch. In order to make them more appealing to kinder, I rolled them in melted white chocolate chips and more coconut.

I'll need energy today as I barely slept a wink from too much chocolate and tea yesterday. I'll never learn. Also, weird house noises kept me up. It sounded like a sabertooth tiger was gnawing on our roof. Or must be one of those rare sabertoothed squirrels.

No comments: