Resources

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cheesecake Parties

Yesterday I decided to bake buns, so I used a recipe with pumpkin in the dough, which I makes them nice and moist and gives the buns a golden hue.

Since I was spending a great deal of time in the kitchen I decided to cook up some of the Cherokee Trail of Tears beans from my garden. I simmered them for hours in chicken stock and then added chopped raw pumpkin and sausages at the end.

We had this with a beautiful bottle of Nichol Syrah, which is one of our favorite wines. Then we were invited for a cheesecake party for a friend's birthday. The cheesecake was New York style served with a blueberry sauce. C told us the story of her husband and a friend deciding they were going to make a cheesecake at 3 am when they lived in San Fran. They went to an all night store and bought the ingredients and whipped up a cheesecake. They decided this cake was "not up to snuff" so they went back to the corner store, bought more ingredients and made another cheesecake. "And we ate both!" D said. OMG. Anyway, his cheesecake was so light and creamy and delicious that when I got home I decided I had to make a cheesecake. I watched Midsomer Murders on YouTube and baked until 11 pm. So tonight we had friends over for 10 Year Tawny and pumpkin cheesecake garnished with whipped cream, hazelnuts and maple syrup. Per's in a huff because he's lactose intolerant, so tomorrow I will have to placate him with a non dairy sweet.

Today I spent the afternoon watching YouTube and eating popcorn with hot chocolate. That's what holidays are for!

No comments: