Resources

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Heart Miso

When making grilled cheese sandwiches, people either tend to go back to the basics (yes, slices of processed cheese on buttered white bread) or else they go over the top: 6 kinds of cheddar, two blue, a sheep and a goat. I like a grilled cheese sandwich made with a good sharp cheddar and sourdough bread. Butter each slice on both sides and sprinkle one side of each with parmesan. Grill the parmesan side on the sandwich in a cast iron pan prepared with butter and oil on medium low heat. If the cheddar cheese doesn't melt all the way though, finish the sandwich off in the oven.

Today I made a grilled cheese sandwich and I had a real craving for tomato soup. So miso plus water plus organic tomato paste plus buttermilk = a tasty tangy afternoon soup perfect with grilled cheese. Proportions? I just eyeballed it. That recipe is tweetable isn't it? I don't know my tweet lingo well enough to do it. Someone published a cookbook with all the recipes as tweets. I think that is f-ing ridiculous.

No comments: