Resources

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Duck Night

We had guests over for Sunday dinner and Pietro cooked duck. He likes to sauté the breasts and braise the rest of the bird. I made an appetizer with chevre blended with chives and nasturtiums, decorated with calendula petals from UBC farm.

We enjoyed a bottle of Lang rosé and one of the Wild Goose pink. We also had a UBC Farm salad, red Thai rice and steamed beans and carrots. Pietro forgot that his sister doesn't like beans. I think we have to keep a note book on what our guests can/won't/don't eat.

One of our guests can't eat wheat so I made spelt scones with strawberries from UBC Farm and whipped cream. I macerated some lavender and mint and cold-steeped the cream for a few hours before I whipped it up. Spelt is pretty darn chewy, so I would rather cut it with another flour, more finely ground--maybe next time I'd make and add some oatmeal flour.



No comments: