Resources

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Chocolate Canoe

Today I had a craving. Oh my, what a hunger I had for Coco et Olive's two-bite espresso brownies. Bloody hell! I just couldn't justify the expense of the bus trip and the time to go across town for a bit of choco-happiness. So I wandered, and I wondered as I wandered how I would stop this craving and get on with my life. I thought about the dream I had last night where Kick Box Tea Lady told me I don't need to spend all my time in a canoe on the ocean. So I headed to Shaktea. KBTL made me an iced matcha lattea and I had a molten chocolate brownie. I was satisfied with where my canoe had brought me. It's late and I'm wired with caffeine, but hey, I got some things done. I read a bunch of stuff about bees. I worked on my prayer flag image. Do you realize there are mores species of bees than of birds and animals put together? Damn, that's amazing. On Wednesday I plan to silkscreen--whoot!

You know tomorrow I am still going to have to head to Coco et Olive because that's the life of a chocoholic. And I lost my favorite most comfortable bra. However, I did find a missing book and my son's missing warcraft cards. Win-some, Lose-some and a hyphen solves so many problems, doesn't it?

I like that image of the lone canoe-iste on a huge sparkling ocean. The water is warm and I am not alone. I don't need to be alone. I can bring along a bunch of women in kayaks, or even the coast guard if I need to, and a container ship of the finest chocolate there is. I am not alone on this huge sparkling sea of need and curiosity. Why so many bees? Why so little time? It's all about foraging, isn't it? The sweet nectar of meaning, the savory pollen of purpose. The healing balm of propolis, and the juiciness of heaven-two-oh.

Okay I have a scientific exercise for you tomorrow: choose one flower in your garden and see how long it takes to be visited by an insect, and make a note. You can send me the results of your survey if you wish and I will publish them in my highly scientific journal of dreams.

Bee good.
Bee obedient.

No comments: