Resources

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spicy Pizza Night


Yesterday morning I worked to install the Pollinator Prayer Flags in Metrotown Mall. I decided to have lunch on the Drive to celebrate. After a very poor meal at Yogi's (the vegetable thali was overcooked and tasted foul) I bought a few groceries. I found some organic roast beef and turkey pepperoni, then I stopped by Sweet Cherubim and picked up a tub of the green salsa they make that I LOVE so much. Back on Main Street I headed to Tognina's where I bought Chevrette and pizza dough. I was in a hurry, so I ended up whizzing stewed tomatoes up for the sauce and I put splotches of the salsa on top of the pizza to give it some kick. Even with the short-cuts, I was very happy with it. I also want to give a shout out for the great new humous they've been whipping up at Tognina's lately--the jalepeno one is my favorite so far, but I had whacks of the sun-dried tomato version on a Georgian baguette for lunch.

No comments: