Resources

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hemming, Hoeing, Humming

I have been spending hours this week hemming prayer flags. It is very difficult because I am in daydreaming mode and I make mistakes. It's kind of the same reason I shouldn't drive. My mind goes into a fugue state and the next thing you know I'm driving into the field of my dreams. These people who talk about living in the present, in the now, in the moment make me laugh. HA! Droll, simplistic Mr. Eckhart, which NOW would that be? My moments split into three nows at once. I am in three moments at once. The Now is all about creating good little workers for the industrial revolution. What a quaint little movement that was. I live in the Utopic Now, dreaming of a better future for feminist farmers. The price of rice is rising, because the rice pirates have hijacked indigenous crops. Another Canadian soldier killed today. Millions homeless in Burma. So many people to whom living in the NOW is too painful to imagine.


No comments: