Resources

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Monkey Mind/Eagle Mind


It has taken a week to let go of the worried jangle of thoughts tangled up in my exhausted mind. One afternoon, when I was on the beach looking for seals I stood next to an eagle sitting on a rock looking out over the water. That eagle had such a calm presence of mind that he projected a majestic power of concentration. He was an old soul. It was as if he had lived here for decades, before the cabins had been built. The next day I was walking further up the beach, haunted by thoughts of failure and an uncertain future. Then I remembered the eagle and I realized that none of that really matters. We're all just salmon flowing downriver into the ocean. Maturity is about building up and then letting go, dissolving into the truth of yourself and the true flow of identity.




No comments: