Resources

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Tyrant's Palate

The Way to Understand Kim Jong Il was Through his Stomach. A fascinating article from The Daily Beast about the "malignant narcissist" and his love of gourmet food.

A really nice product: Pacific Northwest Calendar.

P's sick in bed so I went to the market on my own to pick up the usual suspects: a bag of Galas, bag of Yukons, bag of greens, buckwheat brownie, loaf of Chris's bread, package of bratwurst, as well as High Crow's breakfast bars and blondies. I also picked up some macarons from French Made baking--surprised to see them at the market since they now have a cute little storefront location on Kingsway near Broadway. The Coma food truck was there for the first time, so I indulged in some Bulgogi tacos. I am so hooked on this Korean/Mexican fusion truck food. Love it! I think I may have to learn how to make kimchee. Anyone out there who can teach me?

No comments: