Resources

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Flower Duet: The Oliveira Sisters



I feel that this is one of the best versions of the duet we've found a video of so far. The soprano has that lovely light soprano of the ingenue and her sister has that lovely mature sound with a darker tone. There's also a real warmth and connection between the two women which is missing in other performances of the "park and bark" variety.

We celebrated Art's Birthday at W2 today with tea by Trolley Bus and a "digital" cake. Had some really interesting conversations, then came home and made a curry with tiny brussel sprouts from the market. Coconut milk, tomato paste, mango, fresh garlic, ginger and tumeric, onion seeds and a generic curry powder. I had a hankering for curried popcorn so I made a big batch to share with Ules. I also made salmon cakes and potatoes for the boy. I had a nip of Catherine's raspberry vodka for dessert. It is her summer garden in a bottle!

No comments: