Resources

Sunday, January 8, 2012

An Italian Sense of Time



I watched this animate with my son. It describes cultural and personal differences in a sense of time and he has some interesting insights on the difference between cultures in Northern and Southern Italy.

I've just read Willful Behavior by Donna Leon. So far I think it's my favorite book in her series about a Venetian detective. The writing style is elegant and the pacing is excellent. I also love the way she describes the food culture in Venice and the big family lunches that Brunetti's wife Paula cooks when she is not teaching. This is very satisfying armchair traveling. It wouldn't surprise me if this series is filmed for television.

I picked up some lovely winter greens at the market and have been chopping the kale and bok choi and mustard greens into really small pieces to make them edible while they are still raw. Add to this a mustardy lemony dressing and roasted almonds or herbed walnuts and this is so good with bits of blue cheese and some buffalo sausage on the side.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Thanks, Lori! That was food for thought.