Resources

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Burdock Kimpira

Oh how I love the woody, earthy nuttiness of burdock. I made kimpira today, grating the burdock, rinsing it twice and then sauteing it in olive oil with a touch of sesame oil. I added fresh oyster mushrooms and about 2 tbsp soya sauce mixed with honey (in another saucepan). Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and wow, it is delicious. I think I'm going to try putting burdock in the next batch of kimchi as well. The kimchi turned out really well and I've been putting it in borscht, on tofu and on my red cabbage cole slaw. I think next time I'd make one batch without ginger so that it's a bit more versatile. Ginger tastes weird in borscht to my taste. That's taking fusion a step too far!

I'm really looking forward to a 4 hour workshop today with the Push fest. Fun!

Amarillo was a lively piece of physical and visual theatre. I enjoyed the layered imagery and the physical rigor of the work.

No comments: