Resources

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Year of the Boot Camp: Not for Sissies!

This is the Year of Discipline. No whining and whinging! This is the year to Get Things Done.


This is the year to develop recipes for Abstinence, Sustenance and Decadence.


This is the year of Playing Hard and Working Hard!


This is the year of the Ukulele!


This is the year I write, sing, make art on a regular basis.


This is the year of the Regime, the Program, the Schedule.


This is the year of the Upgrade.


This is the year of finding a job that allows me to keep volunteering and giving to the community while keeping body and soul together. A year of giving to the friends and family who support me.


"You cannot dream yourself a character, you must hammer and forge yourself one."

--Henry David Thoreau



But first . . . I have to get over this wretched cold. This is my second day in bed with sinus pain. I made some hot tea with rose infused honey and lemon and Peter made me nourishing rabbit soup from the bunny he braised for dinner last night. We popped the sparkling mead he bought me for Christmas and toasted the New Year.

This year I am really going to focus on the idea of stocking the pantry--having foods and condiments on hand to help us be more creative with our everyday cooking. Let's start with pickles! I love having pickled veggies with my meals.

But first . . . I have to create a space for the foods in the pantry!

Have a fantastic 2012 and let's hope there's another Mayan calendar buried somewhere that carries on where the old one left off!

2 comments:

Trudy said...

I like your goals for this year! I have very similar ones, starting with a hardcore workout and diet today! Let's hope I can keep up with it :) I like the part about the volunteering too. That's what I'm planning for the first half of the year. Hope you have a wonderful 2012!

www.cloudydreams.com

Beespeaker said...

Good luck Trudy and all the Best for 2012!