Resources

Saturday, April 17, 2010

They're Going to Hear From Me

I was rudely awakened at 7:45 am by an automated call from Don Davies with his latest message. I slammed the phone down on his voice as soon as I heard that tone of forced cheer. His office is going to hear about it. It's Saturday. Like a huge percentage of the population, I like to get an extra hour of sleep in the morning. Arghhh. Those automated called are insulting. (Jack Layton, take note.) I lay in bed sizzling with anger for 15 minutes. And I hate waking up in that mood.

Too bad it's raining. A local beekeeper had invited me to come along and see him open up his hives. That's the way it is with beekeeping. You've got to keep an ear out for the weather on the radio. This next week will be all about preparing for Earth Day. I'll be working with a school to make pouches for seed balls we made back in the fall. I'm looking forward to getting off the computer. It's also going to be a week strategizing on how to make noises about the Vancouver School Board cuts. They want to make my son's school into an annex, which would be a disaster IMO. We'd lose our wonderful principal and some of of best teachers--the younger, newer ones. Yes, I am making a value judgment. I see Andrea Reimer is going to raise the issue of the VSB deficit with City Council, so hopefully something proactive will come of that.

Kinder is still hopping around on one foot, but he is quite mobile with his crutches and wheelchair. I wish people would stop telling us he should be walking. Hello, are you a doctor? The theme of today is anger. All because of a lousy pre-programmed telephone call. Shrug. Anger's a good motivator. Something's going to happen.

No comments: