Resources

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lilacs in April

The lilacs are blooming all over the neighbourhood and the time for plant sales has arrived. We headed to Zipang for our weekly dose of sushi before I checked out the Greenstreets swap and sale at Tupper. One of P's favorite's is the ocean roll and kinder has been gobbling up the bbq squid lately.



These are blue carpet sedum. I didn't have anything to swap so I was told I could buy a couple of plants for fifty cents each and then swap them. I bought two calendula plants and swapped them for these.

I really wanted this healthy looking Centennial hops plant, but I didn't have a red wagon to tow it home with.

There was a couple of musicians playing and some gardeners had made snacks to share.

I also had an eye on some of the other plants such as the strawberries and bleeding hearts. I was jealous of those people with the cool bike trailers (or red wagons) that they can use to transport those pots. Next time I'll bring some wheels!

No comments: