Resources

Monday, June 11, 2012

Spring Cupcakes

Well yesterday was our choir's big spring concert, which was a lot of fun. I made cupcakes to take to the reception. We had some overripe bananas hanging around, so I made banana chocolate cupcakes. I experimented with coconut butter for the icing, and used 1/2 butter, 1/2 cocoa butter, cocoa and a bit of icing sugar to make the texture fluffy. I also ground chai spices and added them, then put the icing in the fridge overnight. I made tiny flags with some text from the songs and things like "I love you" in several languages, including Esperanto. Then just before we left for set up I placed fresh viola blossoms on top.

I also dug into my several tickle trunks to bring out hats for the ladies to wear for our red hat song. I was very pleased to be able to take my burlesque lobster head dress out for a spin. Fun times!

Oh, and I didn't have toothpicks so I went to borrow some from Catherine and ended up making them out of black bamboo trimmings. Eat your heart out Martha!

No comments: