Resources

Monday, June 25, 2012

More Crumble!

It is so good to finally be cooking things from the garden! Tonight I whipped up some turkey meat balls with garlic and Vietnamese coriander growing in a pot in the back yard. I made quinoa for moi-meme and rice for the boys. (Luckily we had a surprise guest who helped me eat the quinoa.) Then I braised some peas, kale and mustard greens with garlic. We also had a bowl of avocado with a squeeze of lime. Condiments on the table: soya sauce and Korean sweet and spicy sauce. I also made a crumble with oats, hemp, flax, and coconut oil with our strawberries and Catherine's rhubarb. I got the sweetness bang on with a bit of brown  sugar and some Sweet Cicely leaves. Now it really feels like summer.

I am going to go on a crumble bender and make some nice custard to go on top.

No comments: