Resources

Monday, October 10, 2011

Wheat is the New Evil

Very interesting program on the evils of wheat on CBC's The Current and the debate around whether cutting wheat out of your diet will solve all your health problems. The dietician from Saskatoon has a much more balanced view than the man who sees wheat as the new Anti-Christ. Ironically, I am now working for a gluten free baker, so there you go. Maybe the world is trying to tell me something.

Just finished winding up some rolls of hops vines for a class I'm teaching tomorrow. Now I'm feeling sleepy because of the chemicals in the hops. All I want is a pumpkin doughnut and a nap. ZZZZZzzzz.

I made two pumpkin pies from scratch, one with yogurt and one with coconut milk. I think I like the coconut milk better because it brings out the sweetness in the pumpkin.

I also made some soup with beans, tomatillos and dried mushrooms which was perfect with the addition of a bit of leftover turkey and eaten with a tomato mayonnaise sandwich.

Happy Thanksgiving dear friends and family.

No comments: