Resources

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Brunch in Surrey

Had an ab fab brunch in Surrey with friends today and their cute doggies. So European, with homemade bread, sliced meats, good cheese and hella strong organic black tea. We went to a show of photographs of Japanese internment camps at the Surrey Museum which is way the hell out in Cloverdale. I don't know if I'm cut out for the skytrain, though. Standing room only all the way back and no-one gives up their seat for anyone else--it's the brutal commuter trail. A woman was reading a booked called How to Deal with Difficult People. I wish her the best of luck.

Night before last I was privileged to hear three of the Gee's Bend women talk about their quilts. That was a life-altering experience. I don't quite know what to say about it yet.

I am reading Anthem for a Doomed Youth by Carola Dunn, but it's not quite pulling me in. That might be saying more about my state of mind than the book. Someone said I look distracted lately. Ha! Lots of big thoughts going around in a little mind.

No comments: