Resources

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spitting Mad at Bus Drivers

Yes, I am so pissed off at the bus driver of a number 3 Main bus who passed me by as I was waving for him to stop at the bus stop because I was waiting at the stop with a blind man who also wanted that bus. Can you believe it? Empty bus and no bus behind for 20 minutes. Crikey that makes me STEAMING mad. This gentleman tells me buses frequently pass him by when they know damned well the protocol is to stop and tell him which bus it is. So there I am fuming at the bus stop and coincidently a woman comes to the same stop who is also blind. She has a lovely black guide dog and I ask her which bus she wants. She also wants the number three. Right. So I tell her I am determined to flag this next number 3 bus down and I do without a problem. Then this woman on the bus starts bitching at her because the dog is partly in the aisle. WTF. She demands that the woman moves. So the woman with the seeing eye dog sighs and moves across the bus to a seat she has to pull down (which is ludicrous). I helped her, BTW. Ack. The bus driver should help people get settled in their seats. It should be part of the job. Spitting mad. Oh and BTW, the reason that driver didn't stop--this is in the DTES.

1 comment:

MB said...

you go girl!

I too am a disabled/older persons' bus vigilante.