Resources

Thursday, October 6, 2011

bakery karma

I had bad bus karma today trying to get to and from Granville Isle, but good bread karma as the woman at PICA was just wrapping up the day's s end discounts and I got some hella good deals.
I tried out the new Edible Vancouver eatery. I like the feel of the place--airy and casual, but for some reason they like to shout their orders at each other like that's a cool thing. Ummm, it's not. It's BLOODY IRRITATING and arrogant.

I tried the Thai style seafood soup which was lukewarm, but the flavor was good and the seafood was fresh. I had a good gin cocktail too, but it was a bit mean.

Then I went to a lecture on natural dyes that was hard work. Way too much chemistry and Latin in a thick French accent. Challenging. I hope part of my brain retained something. Anyway, I met a couple of nice ladies on the way home on the bus. We had all been to the lecture and I had to vent. As you do.

I watched a Poirot I somehow missed--thought I'd seen them all. Hickory Dickory Dock. It's one of the best of them all. Stylish and atmospheric. Don't watch it if you have a phobia about mice. Although, maybe watching it would help with fear of mice, because the starring rodent is damned cute.

I'm on pumpkin pie duty and I'll be working at the Kits Market this weekend. It will be a switch from archive and photoshop land. I love research a bit too much. I could just disappear down the rabbit holes it reveals.

Love and peace to you, dear readers.

No comments: