Resources

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not Good Enough

I made chicken soup yesterday and once it was strained added chick peas and purple kale along with some bull kelp and simmered another half hour. Healthy soup!

Today we were gifted a wee lasagne. What a rare treat--we hardly ever eat a real lasagne because of Peter's lactose intolerance. That means I get to eat all the topping. All mine! Moohoohahaha. I made a fish cakes for Ules and a winter salad with cabbage and apples and Meyer lemon juice and mustard in the dressing--garnished with toasted pumpkin seeds of course. I baked a batch of peanut butter cookies with peanut butter chips. We'd run out of wheat flour so I used some coconut flour mixed with the bit of AP we had left. The verdict from Ules: Not peanutty enough and "What's that weird flavor? Is it coconut?" Busted.

We cracked open a bottle of German dessert wine I brought back from Europe yonks ago, which went well with the cookies. I quite like them but it's a shame the peanut butter chips are full of hydrogenated fats. Bummer. Next time I'll put nuts in them.

No comments: