Resources

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Counter Culture Babe


It's official. I am forty-something and still a member of the "counter culture". 99 per cent of people in town will be watching the game tomorrow a and either celebrating or rioting and I will be performing to a fraction of the remaining 1 per cent at a cabaret about reading the riot act. It's surreal. Actually it's quite hilarious.

And tonight I had to attend a PAC meeting which is about as fun as having a root canal. A half of a bottle of wine later I am not feeling the pain. No more PAC meetings for me. They is BAD for ma mental health.

I listened to AMT on The Current this morning--CBC 1 on why so many girls are missing from India and China. It's tragic and fascinating that now that women are being accepted more and more into Asian culture, female girls in these countries are still being aborted at an astounding rate. I highly recommend the podcast.

I am amused at how Ules' tennis instructor's wisdom has infiltrated his brain. Basically he said " You find a sport you like and that's what you spend your time learning and playing." Ullie has commented to me on several walks home from school on how this applies to many things in life. Bless him. Hopefully the protestant martyr complex in my family will skip a generation.

I have had an amazing day of drawing for hours, studies of the leopard moth to morph into a cape. Catherine's studio practice is rubbing off on me in a good way!

No comments: