Resources

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oyster Bloat

Well, the performance is over and it feels great to have accomplished many of the goals we set out to meet in our collaboration. The audience was terrific and folks were very kind with their feedback and comments. We packed a lot of stuff into one piece because we were just so excited to have the opportunity to perform. One of the other performers said it was very demanding of the audience, which I think is a good thing.

Many of the audience had never seen a performance art piece at Open Space before and quite a few, I suspect were seeing performance for the first time. Victoria is a real student town and I think we had many young students out to the show tonight.

I enjoyed watching the other two performers and I will have photos and thoughts to share on their work. It was a feminist triple bill and I'm so pleased to have been a part of the evening. We went out for oysters afterward and talked some more about the evening. I'm stuffed to the gills. Tonight I met a friend who is a performer I haven't seen for at least 17 years and tomorrow we will meet and catch up. This is just too much fun. I love it.

No comments: