Resources

Friday, September 24, 2010

Here We Go

Well, we're just having a bit of down time after two very intense days getting ready for the show tonight. Thanks for all the good wishes, I seem to be having trouble sending e-mails back to you.
I am very happy to have my Nezza Naturals muscle balm sinking into my aching muscles right now and soothing my stressed nerves. I wish I had coconut water as that is my new grounding liquid of choice and it is not to be found anywhere near us. Anakana is having a nap after running our lines for the last time.

Our technician is fantastic and he has been impressing us with his displays of martial arts. We were very privileged to see the three Irish artists speak on their work and we are inspired to bring them all to Vancouver to perform. They are all very different and gently respectful of their differences which is very inspiring. I will write more about them tomorrow when we are relaxing.

I am very excited to perform with Anakana. She is an amazing woman and I feel we really complement each other's input into this project. She has been a very hardworking and trusting partner, willing to go into the unknown, explore taboos, push boundaries and have a good time along the way. Big Mamas Riding High. That's us.

It's good to be away from home to be taken away from the distractions of daily responsibilities and focus on creating a piece of art. No guilt, just hard graft. We have literally been wined and dined by the curators and they have been very attentive and generous. I hope they still speak to us after the show. Ha!

So pray for us sinners and especially for our technology. I have already broken one ghetto blaster. Let's hope there's not more of that in the cards for tonight. Yikes.

We have cable tv and I have been initiated into the joys of Law and Order UK. Wow. I didn't even know it existed. It's odd to see the American style lighting and writing imposed on the Brits.

So it's just about time for us to head back to the gallery. To quote that MILFy pop star, "Let's get physical." I've got to bring some tea cups to the gallery. My shoes have holes in them and it's been raining so I've been wearing bare feet in my shoes. I need some duct tape or something to seal them up. Tim bits, tea cups, dry socks. Okay, let's go.

No comments: