Resources

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Grist Mill at Keremeos

After we stopped to pick up some organic peaches at the Blush Lane Orchard stand, we headed to the heritage grist mill just outside Keremeos.

There's a wee gift shop and tea room with a limited menu. We had some amazing iced tea. Now I have learned that an Arnold Palmer is a drink made out of lemonade mixed with iced brewed black tea (usually Orange Pekoe). I think this is what I really like the best. Maybe 3/4 tea and 1/4 lemonade would be about my favorite recipe. I'm going to have to experiment.

I actually ended up buying three books, one on natural dyeing and another on the biography of wheat. I was disappointed there was no flour for sale, but apparently the grinder the owner was using is broken.

It's a pretty little spot, with space for community events.

It's the Blob!


I'd never heard of a zucca melon before, but now I'm intrigued and I really want to grow one. However, it looks like you'd need a lot of space. That melon is about three feet long. It only blooms at night. Hmmm, I think I feel a story coming on.

I wonder if it's related to the zucchini? Or the blob?

No comments: