Resources

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Courage to Face the Page

I had a revelation when we are on holidays. There was a day where I just felt overwhelmed by the past and the future. The present seemed like a rickety suspension bridge that was doomed to rip off its mooring at any moment. Sometimes I just don't feel courageous. This summer, I feel I've really been nibbling around the edges of projects and not really taking things in hand. I felt burnt out and uninspired. The "things to do" list just didn't look appealing. Stands to reason that I needed a holiday and it has done me a world of good. Something has shifted slightly so that I can approach things with a different perspective. I'm one of those people who just gets killed by routine. It really wears me down until I don't recognize myself.

I need to stoke up the fire of inner courage. It takes courage to wake up and face the empty page, the pile of dishes and the unanswerable questions of the day. I have the vision of what I need to do and now I just need the courage to do it.

What gives you courage?

No comments: