Resources

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day at Figmint

I'm quite fond of the unusual pod lights at Figmint. I love the big windows, but the banquettes can get quite hot in the sun. It's lovely to have a view of city hall and the mountains on a sunny Father's Day--especially as we have had such a rainy June.

Poached Spot Prawn with Egg Mimosa, Horseradish Béchamel and Prawn Essence, Crepes. This was delicious, but left me wanting more. I'm so hungry these days. What am I, eating for me and my dopelganger?
Poached Spot Prawns, Melon, Orange, Tomato, Cucumber and Mint.
I'm sure you can imagine how well the spuma went with the boy. He was not impressed and ending up pigging out on a side order of bacon.
Diablo Spot Prawn, English Pea Pancakes.
Peter ordered this and I was struck with Murphy's Law of Dining, and I wished I'd ordered it. Damn! Those pancakes were good.

Peter's shirt matched the banquettes.

Chocolate Mousse with Blood Oranges and Coconut Croquant

I consoled myself with a moody lemon tart. I'd say one of the best in the city.

1 comment:

MB said...

Yum. Lets go there sometime.