Resources

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Performance Art Bordello, Here I Come!

So I had my tech talk through yesterday, which meant I had to take the Metro. I found it overheated, stuffy, noisy and claustrophobic and it made me realize just how posh the RAV line really is. I found the venue, which is on the street with all the fetish shops. The entrance was just a black door with a number on it--very discrete. The manager is amazing and she says the space was probably a clothing sweatshop at one point, a Chinese restaurant and a bordello. It dates from the late 1800's.

My technician is a diva. I am not worthy. Still, I woke early this am with details running through my mind. I had to sign a "messy contract" to agree that any weird materials I use would be cleaned up WITHOUT A TRACE at the end of the show. I guess they know their performance art history.

I found a chocolate shop that sells savory buckwheat crepes for lunch. It was exactly what I wanted. Then I finally found Camelia Sinensis and bought some locally grown herbal teas. I also found this crazy manga tea room that sells manga and serves tea and cupcakes.

Last night we went out for cheap and tasty curry and then saw some internet pieces in a grubby internet "café".

Kitty has decided I am now subject to her rule and this morning she showed me where her food was and demanded to be fed.

Some of my French is returning and I am inspired to take some more classes when I get home. There is much less tension between the French and the English now than when I was here many years ago. People are pretty chilled out about helping me figure things out. Also, I am in a very Anglo neighborhood, so I'm hearing a lot of English all the time.

Today we are going to have goulash with a textile artist and see work at Oboro. I also have to buy beer and a mirror--easy to remember because it rhymes.

No comments: