Resources

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back in My Kitchen

Peter wanted to open a dessert wine we bought in Austria, so I was ordered to make a dessert. I baked a fresh ginger cake, using David Lebowitz's recipe and made a caramel sauce to pour over it. (Don't tell anyone the cream I used was a month past its due date!)

I also used this recipe to make Bulgogi tacos which uses grated pears. (I cut back the soya sauce and sugar a bit.) I also added chopped roasted peanuts because I was jonesing for those awesome tofu tacos at La Tacqueria.

We had sliced pears over the cake and the dessert wine was as dark as molasses. The pairing was excellent, if I do say so.

1 comment:

Tiny Banquet Committee said...

I admire your experimentation with expired cream, ha! I thought I was being adventurous last week when I used some buttermilk that was, like, 3 days past its date. I get nervous with that kind of thing. But cream seems to keep longer than just about anything.