Resources

Monday, November 12, 2012

Montreal Love

Well, I am in such a fantastic neighborhood for noodlin' around on a warm November afternoon. I walked down to the Studio XX Gallery and had lunch at a place called Steak Frites on St. Denis. There's a simple blackboard menu and it's Apporter Votre Vin. I had a really good calamari salad and managed to spill tzatsiki sauce all down my shirt. (Not very chic!)Yesterday we had a really good lamb pita with the best tzatsiki sauce I have ever tasted at Arrahova. The pita itself was chewy and flavorful and I spilled tzatsiki sauce all over my sweater. Zut alors!

I also found a place that makes a special Breton pastry called Kouign Amman. Lots of places are closed on Mondays, but we are thinking of getting special rotisserie chicken for supper. Last night my hosts threw a spontaneous dinner party with awesome curries and a gorgeous ginger cake, moist and infused with fresh ginger. Sarah makes cakes for Santropol so today she made her own candied ginger to decorate another cake for the restaurant.

I sat down and watched a fantastic video at Studio XX called Emerald Town: Gary Indiana by Zanny Beg and Keg de Souza. Highly recommended!

No comments: