Resources

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All About the Breakfasts

Montreal is really into a darned good breakfast. Yesterday I bought baking from Guillaume and doughnuts from a place beside it called Sardine. Sardine proudly displays a toolbox full of yeast-raised doughnuts on their counter, so I bought some with cardamon and sugar and some dark chocolate-orange glazed ones. They were doughnuts with attitude, not wimpy and not over-sweet. I realize that the plateau/mile end is a great place for eating, even on a low budget. Yesterday we headed over to the Jean Talon market in Little Italy and Sarah took us to a little depanneur where the woman makes one amazing soup of the day. It happened to be a rich and delicious pea soup. Apparently there are a lot of little deps that also sell sandwiches and/or lunch specials. We also stumbled into a high end Italian deli with one table and a chef who will cook you specials from all over Italy.

Kitty has accepted me and sleeps on my lap now. She is a VERY mellow cat.

Yesterday I had a fantastic sandwich at Santropol with veggie pate and all the fixings. Why can't we have good sandwiches like this in our neighborhood????? Santropol thrives on serving a sandwich based menu and has done so for over 40 years. It is a warm and congenial place and even the staff hang out there after their shifts. I headed from there to listen to my friend's choir rehearse at Oboro and saw an Htmlles video screening. Today we are heading to Jean Talon again to an internet cafe to see some work and I have a tech meeting.

And speaking of breakfast, I am eating a maple goat milk yogurt from Beurrerie Patrimoine which is so rich and creamy I am in heaven

No comments: