Resources

Friday, April 27, 2012

Lemon Meringue Pick-Me Up

I've just read another Icelandic novel by Arnaldur Indridason: Arctic Chill. This novel contains fascinating insights into the island's culture and attitudes towards racial difference and suicide.
Top notch.

Today I felt like my body was in a different atmosphere from my mind, which happens quite a lot lately. I was brought out of my spring torpor by a lovely slice of lemon meringue pie, much appreciated. The strong black tea and a matcha latte were also part of the chemical lift.

I made kale pesto with sunflower seeds instead of nuts: kale wilted with garlic, sprinkled with lime juice and salt whizzed in the food processor with toasted sunflower seeds. Simples! Served on whole wheat spaghetti.

Two sleeps until Blim Market!

No comments: