Resources

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Dailies

I've been thinking a lot about habits recently, the negative and positive things we do daily. I think now that spring has come, gardening will shape my daily habits and rituals in a dramatic way. I've got to do a bit of weeding and edging the lawn every day, along with at least one garden project per day. I've got to stake the raspberries this week, attack the lamium and gout weed and finish planting my indoor seeds. Today I planted carrots, beets, and radishes and put in the pea starts I bought at the market. I also watched and listened to the bees in the azelea blossoms for fifteen minutes. I think I'll try to put in fifteen minutes of bee time every day.

I've also done a lot of sketching this week, finding it immensely satisfying, so I'm going to do one sketching project per day. Baking has just about become a daily ritual for me and the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies I made this week went down a treat. As my friends have just returned from Vienna I think this week I'll tackle the Sacher Torte. I'm also getting interested in making truffles again.

What are your spring dailies?

No comments: