Resources

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

This morning I went to put my photos of Easter weekend on my hard drive and the cable jammed out on me. I lost the photos. I walked Ullie to school, weeping. It was a bad morning. A really bad morning. I was so looking forward to sharing the images with friends and family and there was a lot of love in those photos. Of course the way my mind works I immediately associated this with other losses in my life and I crashed.

Well, I am such a lucky woman. Dr. Peter to the rescue! He ran a program that revealed all 3000 photos on that disc. As a reader of mysteries I know that IT forensics can uncover files that have been erased, so I did have a faint hope that those photos would be there. They are not on my hard drive yet, but pray to Jesus that which was lost will be found again.

I went and had dim sum with Peter in the DTES. Watching people stick their fingers in the sidewalk gaps for lost traces of spilled crack makes you realize how insignificant your problems really are. We have memories. We have love. We are blessed.

No comments: