Resources

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Spring 2012!!!

It's been a spring teaser of a day, cool and cloudy, then sunny and cool. Our neighbors picked today to start framing their old/new house and the noise woke us up. Although I did wake up very happy, having dreamt I won a CSA for the year from UBC Farm. What a fantastic dream! Thanks to whoever put that in the psychic pipeline.

The baking project today was a batch of gougeres which Peter called "little buns." They are NOT little buns. They are gougeres!!!!!!! He likes them because they taste like Yorkshire pudding. Ules and I made cajeta paletas today. Pics will follow on the other blog.

I worked for an hour and a half in my friend's garden today pulling nettles, transplanting perennials and removing the mulch. It's fun taking off the winter cover and finding all the new tender shoots underneath the leaves.

I am having a blast playing campfire songs on the ukulele with the five chords I know so far. Ukulele, where have you been all my life????? We will have to have a real campfire sing along this summer with home made s'mores. Can we get some cajeta into them I wonder?

Craving orange and chocolate. I might make a cake with ricotta and orange and coffee tomorrow.

In my spring cleaning today I unearthed a bottle of port Ules' grandpa gave him to open on his 21st birthday. I had completely forgotten about that. The years 2000--2003 are a total blurr. As are the years I first fell for Peter. Must have been the endorphins. Or something.

No comments: