Resources

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Rituals

One thing that's good about hobbies is the weekly and daily rituals they add to your lives. Having choir on Wednesdays means I have to 1) do laundry and 2) take a bath. We get a lecture at the beginning of the term to practice good body hygiene because we sing so close to one another. It's a good point and now I am totally paranoid, so I try to make sure I am not offending anyone I'm singing next to with my BO. Today I worked up a sweat working in the garden so I had a nice hot bath to get clean and relax my spasming back muscles.

It's also a day to work at the new music, pronouncing the unfamiliar Latin and going over tunes and rhythms. Some songs are already firmly planted in my head so I am already avoiding rehearsing them so I don't get sick of those ones. We don't have a real Ipod, but we have an Ipod Shuffle, which I've finally figured out how to use with the choir tracks our conductor uploads on our choir's website. This is already changing my life and putting a new spring in my step.

First honey bee sighting for 21012 at noon today, and the crocus blooms are open.

No comments: