Resources

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Holy Weather System, Batman!

Wow. That is a cold wind out there today. If it had been back home, it would have been a February blizzard for sure. Not as many folks at Seedy Saturday. I feel bad for the vendors who come all this way to sell their wares. It did snow at last year's Seedy Saturday IIRC, but it wasn't this windy.

We had a good sectional rehearsal today. We are singing in Italian, so we're practicing getting our voices around the words. It is the best language to sing in. Lovely open vowels.

For my Saturday lunch treat I headed down to the buffet at Saravana Bhavan and it was really good today. There was this coconut vegetable dish that had those long green beans cut up into tiny bite-sized pieces--It was so awesome with their tomato chutney. One of their soups was so spicy it just about blew my head off--I was suitably impressed. I had gulab jaman for dessert with their frothy, milky chai. I think they use evaporated milk. I've had some disappointing, watery dishes at SB, but today the quality was very good. There were a lot of families enjoying a Saturday meal out on the town.

No comments: