Resources

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Those Who Love Themselves a bit too Much

I'm thinking a lot about how narcissism manifests itself in the new social media/technology. I think that technology can incubate narcissism so that it has the potential to become pathological.
Please discuss.

I am also thinking about the erosion of dignity in terms of every day interaction and how that has something to do with technology as well. Being kind to the person you interact with is no longer a part of people's job description, especially in the field of medicine.
Please discuss.

I get the sense that people are developing a kind of insensitivity or blindness to as sense of the "other," not as in someone alien to you, but literally in the sense that there is another person in the room besides you, the subject.

I am thinking on these things and maybe I should conceive a performance around these thoughts.

No comments: